Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to NHS obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula/FGM, cervical cancer screening and HPV vaccination
- Where PMTCT (prevenzione trasmissione verticale) is implemented, ensuring implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling)
- Collaborating with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Ensuring hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Guaranteeing a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Ensuring properly following up all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Ensure smooth collaboration with NHS staff and the implementation of NHS protocols.
- Assess the feasibility of ToP (interruzione di gravidanza) and ensure access to SAC (aborto sicuro e legale)
- Ensure/facilitate/promote easy access to Family Planning and emergency contraception
- Organize and deliver intercultural pre-delivery courses and mother-to-mother peer groups
- Collaborate to the preparation of health promotion material and deliver health promotion sessions on SRH topics
- Ensure data recording and reporting
- Collaborate to the preparation of workshops with NHS staff
- Support the Covid 19 related activities implemented in the project (focus on IPC)
Profile and qualifications
- Essential: midwifery qualification or specialization (with a registered title that allows the practice of the profession in Italy).
- Desired: Bachelor in Midwifery
- Essential: minimum two-year experience in midwife activities related jobs.
- Desirable: previous working experience with MSF or an NGO
- Desirable: previous working experience in Rome Regional Health System
- Desirable: previous working experience in migration context and health promotion
- Desirable: previous working experience in SGBV and FGM services or projects
- Essential: Italian (C1)
- Essential: English (B1)
- Desirable: any other of the following languages: French, Arabic, West African and East Africa languages, Hindi, Bengali, Spanish, Russian, Romanian.
Essential: computer literacy (word, excel, ppt, outlook)
- Results and quality orientation
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioral flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service orientation
- Cross cultural awareness
Contract: Fixed term contract (11 months). Level 3 of Italian CCNL of commerce.
Gross Annual Salary: 27,083 – 32,500 € depending on the experience of the selected candidate.
Duty Station: Based in the MSF office in Rome with possible travels in the Region.
Deadline for applications: 21 January 2021
Possible starting date: February 2021