Participates in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programs in the project in accordance with MSF’s protocols as well as coordinates human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by MSF.
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the rest of team, the Medical Coordinator and MoH partners, defines, implements and monitors medical activities, according to MSF project plans, standards and protocols. Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (defining medical operational priorities when needed) and the development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors. Ensures regular contact with MoH and other local medical actors
- Is responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination in the capital in order to ensure a proper monitoring of the program
- Provides technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of MSF medical activities.
- Coordinates, supervises, coaches, supports and evaluates the medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with MSF protocols and standards as well as MoH protocols.
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the Project Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication) of the medical staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staff capabilities.
- Supervises an efficient management of the MSF field pharmacy and medical equipment, in collaboration with the Logistics department and project biomedical service and in consideration of program directions and protocol changes. Monitors consumption and preparation of medical orders to provide drugs, medical materials, medical devices and consumables at all circumstances and avoid stock shortage.
- Implements the health policy for international and national staff, providing all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans, managing any medical evacuation in order to ensure MSF staff health.
Context Specific Accountabilities
- Coordinates, monitors and supervises the correct and consistent functioning of the clinical (medical, psychological, physiotherapy, social and legal) activities in the VoT Center, according to the specific protocols and procedures and through regular data collection and consequent analysis of epidemiological data.
- Ensures that all administrative processes concerning patients in charge of the Center are followed according to the agreed procedures Interacts regularly with the other Health actors working in Rome Province and other stakeholders engaged in the context of VoTs rehabilitation and Migrants and actively pursues opportunities for collaboration and
referrals for VoT according to their needs.
- Evaluates and analyses the supply of medical material, resources and infrastructures needed for the implementation of the VoT activities and monitors their rational utilisation.
- Plans and supports the processes of recruitment, training and evaluation for the Medical and Paramedical team members in order to ensure the development of needed skills and specific competencies.
- Monitors and coordinates the daily work planning of the team (replacements, holidays, leaves etc,) and participates actively in the clinical duties when necessary
- Monitors the project and ensures that the Clinic objectives as stated in the Annual Plan are reached and interacts with the technical referents on new emerging issues
- Contributes to the development of the medical and paramedical team Know-How through literature research of specialized contents and working instruments useful for the activities and shares the results with the team.
- Promotes and keeps regular contacts with the counterparts of other VoT MSF projects and collaborated with them to improve MSF model for a comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach to VoTs rehabilitation
- In collaboration with the FieldCo, attends and coordinates the weekly team meetings and all others planned for the running of the activities, including the monthly external supervision.
- Collaborates in the drafting of the monthly SitRep and the development of Annual plan and related budget of the project.
- Updates regularly and timely the FieldCO and the MedCo on the VoT activities.
- Can be involved in contacts with other institutionals actors/stakeholders upond demand and operational directions agreed with the FielCo.
Education. Medical doctor or paramedical degree. Post Degree education: Public Health and/or Ethno-or Transcultural psychiatry is desirable.
Experience. Essential 2 years working experience related to the diploma/degree and previous experience in MSF in the field. Experience in migration in Italian context is highly desirable.
- People Management and Development
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Knowledge. Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Languages. Essential English and Italian.
- 6 months fixed-term contract
- Salary according to MSF-OCB Field salary scale.
- Closing date: 20th January 2019
- Expected starting date: February 2019
- Place of work: Rome
- Project: Rehabilitation center for victims of torture (SoT)