Participates in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programs in the project in accordance with MSF’s protocols as well as coordinates human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by MSF.
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the rest of team, the Medical Coordinator and MoH partners, defines, implements and monitors medical activities, according to MSF project plans, standards and protocols. Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (defining medical operational priorities when needed) and the development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors. Ensures regular contact with MoH and other local medical actors.
- Is responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination in the capital to ensure a proper monitoring of the program.
- Provides technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of MSF medical activities.
- Coordinates, supervises, coaches, supports, and evaluates the medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with MSF protocols and standards as well as MoH protocols.
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the Project Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication) of the medical staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staff capabilities.
- Supervises an efficient management of the MSF field medical stock and medical equipment, in collaboration with the Logistics department and in consideration of program directions and protocol changes. Monitors consumption and preparation of medical orders to provide drugs, medical materials, medical devices and consumables at all circumstances and avoid stock shortage.
- Monitors and adapts in accordance with the Medical coordination the IPC protocols for COVID19 and ensure knowledge and correct use of related PPE among staff during all activities.
- Follows strictly the epidemiologic evolution especially in relation to COVID19 in Sicily, shares timely reports and alerts. Propose strategies to adapt the intervention to the pandemic situation.
- Monitors and adapts in accordance with the Medical coordination the IPC protocols for COVID19 and ensures knowledge and correct use of related PPE among staff during all activities.
- Follows strictly the epidemiologic evolution especially in relation to COVID19 in Sicily, shares timely reports and alerts. Proposes strategies to adapt the intervention to the pandemic situation.
- Provides, in collaboration with ASP MDs, clinical care as a member of the multidisciplinary team responsible of the victims/survivors of intentional violence’s rehabilitation process.
Profile and qualifications
- Essential: degree in Medicine or paramedical degree
- Essential: registered title that allows the practice of the medical or paramedical profession in Italy
- Desirable: specialization or training in Tropical Medicine or related studies
- Essential: 2 year working experience related to the diploma/degree
- Desirable: 2 years working experience in a similar position
- Desirable: 2 years working experience with MSF in the field or other NGO
- Desirable: previous experience in migration/COVID pandemic response
- Desirable: previous experience in managing multidisciplinary teams
- Essential: fluency in Italian (C1) and English (B2).
- Desirable: knowledge of French.
- Essential: computer literacy (word, excel, ppt, outlook)
- Strategic vision
- People Management and Development
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and cooperation
Contract: Fixed term contract (12 months), full time. Level 1 of Italian CCNL of commerce.
Gross Annual Salary: 35,724 – 42,869 € depending on the experience of the selected candidate.
Duty Station: Based in the MSF office in Palermo, with possible travels in the Region
Deadline for applications: 7 February 2021
Possible starting date: 15/03/2021