Carry out all social-legal related activities, in order to ease the patient’s situation, to maximize his/her ad-herence to treatment and to improve his/her psychosocial condition.
- Implement the social wok component addressed to the target population with focus on access to the Regional Health Service and with a focus on basic and humanitarian needs
- Support the team in identifying and managing patients with social and legal needs
- Support the team in identifying vulnerable cases and in monitoring violations and abuses ; evaluation of cases trough individual interviews and referral to specific services
- Network with local civil society actors involved in responding to basic needs, included healthcare needs, for vulnerable populations
- Case management – in terms of social and legal needs, focused on access to RHS – directly or through referral to organizations with specific mandate
- Case management of legal “pilot cases” to overcome legal/administrative barriers to access the RHS
- Guarantee cases’ follow up
- Keep updated the database and regular documentation of the cases follow up
Profile and qualifications
- Essential: degree in social work or social related field
- Essential: Technical training on legal aspects of immigration in Italy and EU or equivalent working experience in the area
- Essential: minimum two-year experience in a similar job
- Essential: previous working experience with Rome Regional Health System
- Desirable: experience with MSF or other NGO
- Desirable: previous working experience in migration context
- Desirable: female (due to the nature of the target population of the project)
- Essential: Italian (C1)
- Essential: English (B1)
- Desirable: any other of the following languages: French, Arabic, West African and East Africa languages, Hindi, Bengali, Spanish, Russian, Romanian.
- Essential: computer literacy (word, excel, ppt, outlook)
- Results and quality orientation
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioral flexibility
- Commitment to MSF principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress management
- Cross-cultural awareness
Contract: Fixed term contract (11 months). Level 3 of Italian CCNL of commerce.
Gross Annual Salary: 25,561 – 30,674 € depending on the experience of the selected candidate.
Duty Station: Based in the MSF office in Rome with possible travels in the Region.
Deadline for applications: 25 January 2021
Possible starting date: February 2021