Scope, reporting and accountability lines
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is a key priority for MSF Italy. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Project Manager (PM) will advance our initiatives for improved diversity, equity and inclusion within the organization.
The DEI PM reports to the MSF Italy Deputy General Director and works closely with DEI focal points in all departments, the Behavioural Unit and the MSF international platform, realizing the DEI vision of MSF Italy. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion PM is in charge of articulating a vision, develop and implement a strategy and action plan on DEI, in line with MSF Italy Strategic Orientations and mainstreamed in operations as well as workforce and workplaces policies and practices.
Vision, strategy, planning and monitoring:
- Design the theory of change for the organization considering a DEI mainstreaming approach
- Design the implementation plan and adapt it according to agreed strategy
- Support the implementation, coordinate the efforts of those involved and ensure integrated
overview of all DEI initiatives
- Finalize the development of a monitoring framework and system
- Provide technical advice and support to integrate DEI in BAU activities and existing monitoring systems within MSF Italy, ensuring that relevant data is disaggregated by markers of inequality.
Implementing the DEI agenda:
- Coordinates the review of existing processes, policies, rituals, systems, tools, spaces, etc. to identify obstacles that might constitute a barrier for DEI. Recommend possible changes and supportthe implementation of the agreed measures to overcome those obstacles.
- Lead the startup phase of new processes, policies, rituals, systems, tools, spaces, etc. when needed to help advance the DEI agenda.
- Collaborate closely with the HR Departments to put in place all the necessary workforce and workplace actions to advance the DEI agenda
- Collaborate closely with all departments, especially to identify gaps on DEI at programmatic level and to define strategies to overcome those gaps, with a particular attention to intersectional gender analysis and gender mainstreaming
- Develop awareness raising, learning and dissemination activities for MSF ITALY staff to contribute to increased education and awareness on DEI
- Works closely with Internal communication lead to ensure there is a DEI lens in what we say and how we say it internally
- Actively participate in MSF ITALY platforms and keep them involved in the implementation and monitoring of the DEI strategy and in the MSF international platform
- Develops a collaborative dynamic with the MSF DEI focal points to allow mutual learning and collaboration
- Stay informed of DEI initiatives, best practices and conversations happening within the
international context, in other humanitarian or developing organizations and in other sectors, and document/share information that is relevant for MSF ITALY or the wider movement
- Develops a network of “experts” together to support us in the implementation of our DEI agenda
Profile and qualifications
- A deep passion on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion issues. Specific education represents an Asset Value
- At least 5 years of professional experience of which 3 years on DEI on a role of responsibility. Previous experience with MSF is an advantage
- Program management experience, particularly on gender equality and antiracism rights programs
- Experience in developing programs, guidelines and/or tools on gender equality, and in intersectional gender analysis, gender mainstreaming and antiracism
- Strong Experience in project management, transformation and change management. Specific certifications in PMI, HCD represent a value added
- Commitment towards MSF principles
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Networking and building relationships
- Initiative and Innovation
- Effective Communication
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Excellent level of English (C1). A good level of Italian (B2) is an advantage
Contract: Fixed term – 6 months, part-time 50%, Level I of the Italian CCNL Terziario Commercio.
Annual Gross Salary: between 31.472-38.472 Euros, according to experience, and recalibrated on the 50% part-time.
Duty Station: Working remotely with office presence (Rome) upon manager request and according to organizational needs.
Start Date: November 2021.