The Italian office works in a highly integrated manner with MSF OCB (Operational Center Brussels), and is focused on the core activities of fundraising, recruitment, representation and awareness raising of our mission among the Italian public.
MSF Italy aims to recruit quality field staff from specialised professions in order to meet operational needs within the MSF Movement. The learning and Development (L&D) Officer will be part of Field Human resources & Medical Support department.
The priority for the L&D Officer is to ensure MSF Italy field workforce has access to solution to develop their skills, grow in their field of competence and perform better their roles.
Objectives of the position
Under the supervision of the HR Field and Medical Support Department Director, the HR Field L&D Officer is responsible for the planning and implementation of learning programs and learning events including their project management. Your main mission is to provide L&D technical support so that the L&D initiatives are implemented in a learner centric manner.
- In alignment with the department, coordinate a variety of L&D events and programmes, either face to face or online and ensure their proper implementation and smooth delivery.
- Strategically think and propose L&D activities for Italian field workers.
- Give special attention to the organization and coordination of the PPD (preparation pre departure training for first missioners).
- Bring logistic and organisational support for learning activities in Italy.
- During the events, act as a “Master of ceremonies” and assist the trainers to ensure participants` learning success by focusing on their needs and guiding them through the learning event: welcome learners at the beginning of the programme, if necessary, facilitate icebreaker and energizer activities, create a smooth transition between modules and trainers, etc.
- Track data about sign up, usage, attendance, learning impact and other metrics such as costs
- Coordinate and organize the learning event follow up. Ensure the information is transmitted in a timely manner and in an appropriate format to the relevant internal partners for analysis.
- In alignment with the L&D departments in the OCs, ensure the implementation coherence of all learning events.
- Develop partnership with Italian academia or other institutions to develop learning options for Italian field workers.
- Manage the scholarship that MSF Italy make available for Italian field workers.
- Act as focal point and facilitator between the HRF&MS department and the other MSF Italy department when there is the need of the intervention of an Italian field worker or of all department.
Technical Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in relation with human resource and/or Learning & Development activities and/or a degree in adult learning, psychology, organisational development or similar.
- MSF Field experience is considered a strong added value, in alternative experience in an humanitarian organisation and/or field experience is an asset.
- Field experience in a technical domain a great advantage.
- Experience in Project Management; ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholder interactions concurrently.
- Strong interest in adult learning theory, learning styles, learner needs, delivery of web-based and multimedia content.
- Very good level of English written and oral is a requirement.
- French is an asset.
- Planning and organizing: attention to detail , ability to execute and good time management skills
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Results and Quality orientation.
- Teamwork and cooperation: comfortable with the dynamics of a distributed team.
- Interest in humanitarian work and commitment to the principles of MSF.
Contract: 12 months fixed-term contract.
Starting date: September.
Location: Rome with some travels in Europe.
Please submit all applications by August 25th, 2019. The interviews will take place on 6th September.